Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 3: Representing the Party



Today I finished the detailing I had originally envisioned for the MegaMan X styled self portrait. The text was hand drawn with a character resolution of 3x3 pixels, offering a fun challenge for legibility in spite of all uppercase characters. The end result is coherent to me, but I'm not sure about overall.

I also drafted a character profile sprite for my friend Shane, based one of his personal favorites, Chrono Trigger. The game's art was done by Akira Toriyama, and I'm not sure if I channeled the DBZ Napa-esque influence into Shane's portrait, but I like the overall feel.

In regards to the blog, this time around I'm aiming to include more writing. I will be sharing links I've found that fit the narrative of aiming to gamify one's life, as well as anything that catches my mind regarding the self rewarding pursuit of indulging in the creative process. If I happen to scribble or write or type or twist something into being, I'll upload it.

Til the next idea catches me, I'm off. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment